INFORMATION FOR CONSUMERS IN 2019
- Vaccination is the most effective way of reducing the impact of influenza in the community.
- To protect yourself from influenza, you should get vaccinated every year. The influenza virus is always changing so the influenza vaccine changes too.
- The influenza vaccine is recommended for anyone aged 6 months and over and is provided free for those most at risk from influenza and its complications.
- Getting the vaccine from April will protect you before the peak flu period, from around June to September, in most parts of Australia.
- Let your immunisation provider know your age or the age of your child before getting the influenza vaccine. The brand of influenza vaccine you get depends on your age.
- The influenza vaccine does not contain any live virus, so you cannot get influenza from the vaccine.
Download Vaccine Information